Vital provision of Cleaning & Support Services in uncertain times
ESP is committed to providing a safe environment for your customers, employees and our staff.
The New Normal
With the Government now slowly easing the lockdown, businesses are preparing to reopen with changed working practices to reflect the continued fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Following the Government’s advice, ESP is able to provide a range of solutions to help you back to work quickly and safely, offering reassurance to customers and employees that the best possible measures are in place to protect them.
A clean, compliant environment will be crucial to ongoing infection control and you will need to ensure that you have appropriate cleaning and hygiene measures in place.
Our specially trained teams are ready to help you reopen your buildings, optimising safety and minimising risk.
As businesses consider their back to work plan and what the future looks like, ensuring a safe and compliant working environment will be vital. Your business will have a duty of care to minimise the risk of further infection. To support your back to work plans, we suggest an initial clean using a range of safe and compliant solutions including:
- Sparkle or disinfection clean
- Carpet & upholstery/Rug clean
- IT & Equipment clean
- Window, façade & high level cleaning
- Provision of PPE & hand sanitiser solutions
- Application of Zoono
Keeping the Workplace Clean
In accordance with the latest Government guidelines, we recommend an increased level of daily cleaning and sanitisation throughout your building and in particular on high risk touch points and communal areas.
ESP has developed three distinct service offerings to minimise the ongoing risk of infection and to support your business in the event of a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus.
- Highly visible, sanitisation cleaning to frequently disinfect all touch points and communal areas.
- Reduces the risk of virus and bacteria transfer.
Enhanced daily option using market leading virucidal applicating equipment – 10 x faster than manual methods.
- All treatments fully effective within 60 seconds.
- Fully compliant solution providing reassurance to customers and employees.
- Up to 30 day protection from coronavirus for all your surfaces using an antimicrobial protective coating.
- Fast and effective application using market leading equipment (often referred to as fogging/misting).
- Experienced technicians to guarantee effective treatment.
- Environmentally safe, non-corrosive and IT friendly.
- Scientifically proven solution.
- Deep decontamination treatment in reaction to suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus.
- Delivered by experienced technicians with full PPE.
- Fast and effective application using market-leading equipment.
- Virucidal disinfectant is proven to be effective against 99.99% of all known bacterial, viral & fungal pathogens including the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Chemicals meet all necessary standards including EN1276:1997 (Bacterial) and EN14476 (Virucidal). Treatments effective within 60 seconds and once completed, areas are ready for use.
Zoono Virus Protection
Zoono’s physical kill ruptures the cell meaning the cell cannot mutate, helping preventing the development of pathogens that are resistant to the more traditional disinfectants.
Zoono is colourless, non-leaching and safe to use in both the home and industrial settings. Whilst it has a gentle formulation, it is deadly for a broad range of viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
When applied to a surface by spraying, wiping or ‘fogging’; Zoono leaves behind a mono-molecular layer that permanently bonds to the surface. These molecules are antimicrobial, silane based polymers that covalently bond to the surface forming a barrier of positively charged microscopic pins.
The positively charged microscopic pins attract and pierce negatively charged pathogens. The pins rupture the cell walls. This causes the pathogen to break up with lethal effect. The layer of molecular antimicrobial pins carries on working for up to 30 days on surfaces. Routine cleaning should continue in order that Zoono can continue to work at its optimal performance. Routine cleaning does not disrupt the Zoono molecule or its antimicrobial activity
How Zoono Works
Zoono works by the formation of a molecular layer of covalently bound biocidal molecules based around silicone polymer chemistry.
The simplest analogy is that antimicrobial “spikes” are formed on the surface that are highly positively charged and as a result of this charge, the negatively charged molecular structure of microorganisms are attracted to the “spikes” and the cell wall and membrane is lysed; the organism is then killed and the process continues.
WHY ANTIMICROBIAL PROTECTION IS IMPORTANT
It is now widely acknowledged that the environment and surfaces are a significant source of microbiological contamination and is considered as a major vehicle for harmful microorganisms to cause infection (cross-infection). Bacteria and viruses can contaminate surfaces and can form bio-films that are extremely resilient to hygiene processes i.e. cleaning and disinfection. Harmful microorganisms can be transferred by cross-contamination via touch or the air in the form of aerosols (in water droplets) or generally as single cells or “clumps”.
Aerial contamination is especially significant for viral infection but also for many other infections caused by bacteria. Each species or family of microorganisms can have its own unique mode of transmission and portal of entry in to the human body. When biological agents enter the body they can infect the individual, multiply and then cause symptoms of their characteristic disease.
Where to Use Zoono
Any environments where germs are present and likely to pose a threat. Zoono currently is successfully used on transport systems, buildings, vehicles, shipping, homes and hospitals where there is a risk of infection. Routine liquid disinfectants work when the surface is wet and at point of disinfection, once the disinfectant is wiped off or dried it is no longer capable if killing any further microorganisms that recontaminate that surface. Surfaces can become recontaminated to the same levels as before disinfection within 1 – 2 hours. This is the reason why Zoono technology has been developed as a next generation biocide to support routine cleaning activities.
How to apply & How often to use Zoono
1. Hypochlorous acid as a disinfectant
Not all chlorine species are the same – or as effective. Studies exploring the mechanism of chlorine disinfection can’t precisely identify how each particular chlorine species works, but it’s a mix of:
- Rapid oxidation reactions with cell walls or other vital cell components including proteins, nucleic acids and key enzymes rendering them non-functional. This is measured by Reactive Oxygen Species (or ROS).
- And the rate of diffusion through the cell wall – so how quickly it penetrates into pathogen cells.
2. Used as an alternative to bleach
Hypochlorous works on both levels and that’s why it’s widely regarded as being 100 times more effective than more commonly used disinfectants in the chlorine family, such as bleach.
3. Kills within seconds
Most disinfectants kill by penetrating the cell wall and killing the RNA or DNA, but this can take 1, 5 or 10 minutes or longer. As hypochlorous acid has high oxidation values it oxidises cell walls very quickly, penetrating the cell and killing them within seconds.
4. Penetrates bacterial walls effectively
This results in an osmotic overload (put simply, a chemical imbalance of a cell) which means the cell cannot keep its structure, becomes vulnerable to attack, and reacts with proteins and nucleic acid.
Hypochlorous is neutrally charged while bacteria is generally negatively charged. And, just like magnets, molecules with the same charge will repel each other.
That’s why hypochlorous easily penetrates bacterial cell walls, and either oxidizes the cell walls killing the bacteria or enters through the cell walls and destroys the vital components inside the cells.
Coloured bars indicate pathogen growth on untreated hands
Note: virtually non-existent growth on treated hands
5. This high reactivity explains why it turns back into salt water, and hence its relatively short lifespan. And why, you simply make more when you need it.
6. As the process works on a molecular level this means that microorganisms are unable to build up resistance, something which can occur with chemical disinfectants. Although the speed of kill is proven to take seconds, it also has a residual effect and keeps on working if left on surfaces.
7. It’s tested to kill the norovirus (log-5) and poliovirus (log-6), both harder-to-kill viruses than the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, including Covid-19, as well as against the likes of E. coli, MRSA and Listeria.
8. And it’s also unique in that it’s non-toxic to humans and animals – in fact our bodies make it and more about this below – while it’s lethal to almost all known dangerous bacteria and viruses that threaten our health.
9. Just bear in mind that the ‘acid’ of hypochlorous acid is a slightly confusing term as the solution made by Toucan Eco is at a gentle pH, especially when compared with harsh acidic or alkaline chemicals.
Hygiene & PPE
ESP can ensure continuity of supply through our dedicated supply chain. We are able to supply a range of hygiene products and PPE to protect your people and customers.
- Hand sanitiser & soaps
- Dispensing solutions
- Paper products & dispensers
- Cleaning & disinfectant products
- Disinfectant wipes
- Nitrile & rubber gloves
- Face masks (disposable & washable)
- Aprons & gowns
- Signage & guidance cards
- Employee welcome packs (hand sanitiser, masks, gloves etc.)